OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Helpful communication before & during the process for applicants who meet our requirements
- Prioritizing a chemistry match between you & our adoptable dogs in Korea or the USA
- Coordination of your new pet’s travel and prioritizing their health and safety
- Provide ongoing support after adoption
ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- US residents only
- 24 years of age (drivers license or passport required)
- All children in the house must be age 6 or older
- No restrictions on pets by the landlord (applicable to rentals only)
- Provide photos of your home, including bedrooms
- Financially willing and able to properly care for the lifetime care of your new dog
- Continue to provide updates as requested via Instagram (required to create an IG account for your adopted dog – 2021 New Requirements)
Able to pick up your adopted dog from an airport with a direct flight from Korea
Atlanta – ATL
San Francisco – SFO
Los Angeles – LAX
Seattle – SEA
Chicago O’Hare – ORD
Dallas – DFW
Las Vegas – LAS
Washington Dulles – IAD
New York – JFK
We can only fly to JFK if we have a partner rescue (NY restriction/rule)
- Due to stringent restrictions/regulations, we are unable to adopt out to the following states:
- New Hampshire
Before starting the application, make sure you have:
- 2 personal references that are not family members
- Veterinary reference
- Type of heartworm and flea/tick preventative you currently use or plan to use
- Type or name of dog food you currently use or plan to use
- Photos of your house (inside, outside, yard, fence, bedrooms, and other areas your dog will be staying)
Step 2: After the application screening steps, you will be notified if your application is approved. An interview will then be scheduled.
Step 3: You will then be interviewed by someone from our adoption team. Afterward, they will discuss and decide if you’re a good fit for the dog you applied for.
Step 4: If approved, the adoption team will work with you to provide medical records, schedule a date for the dog’s arrival, send pick-up instructions, and send the adoption contract.
Please keep in mind that this whole adoption process can take between 1-2 weeks and the dog’s arrival is dependent upon having a flight volunteer.
*The adoption fee for dogs in Korea: $650 + Import broker’s fee
- The broker fee is $155- $300, which depends on the airport and the number of dogs flying by Flight volunteers.
*Adoption fees for dogs in Atlanta:
- Local adoptions in ATL have varying fees based upon age, special needs, or other circumstances. If you’re interested in a specific dog, we will go over their fees with you.
All adoptions include:
- Distemper (DHLPP or DHLPP-C)
We understand that these fees are higher than other local rescues/shelters. In full transparency, let us explain:
- All dogs are from Korea, and KPR pays everything to the rescue in Korea ahead of time, including adoption fees and a $300 brokerage fee.
- Even at these fees, we still incur a financial loss when we adopt out from Atlanta.
- KPR does not keep the fees, nor make any profit – the lower the cost, the more financial loss we take. It is a sacrifice we gladly make to save dogs.
Fees go back to the rescue in Korea to help pay for their fees as well as offset the costs of caring for the dog. We try to send extra funds to help support their mission in Korea
Adopters who surrender at any time post-adoption are subject to a $300 rehoming fee further stipulated in our Adoption Contract.
Have more questions? Please feel free to email email@example.com for adoption process questions or questions about a specific dog.